You guys – can you believe it’s September already! Yikes! Where did the summer go? I can’t believe Labor Day weekend is just around the corner. As you know, this weekend signals the last big ‘hurrah’ for Summer. Last call for short shorts, white pants (ok, no one really subscribes to that fashion ‘rule’ anymore but you get the point), and summer fruits, and weekends at the beach Everyone scrambles to go to the beach one last time before it’s back business, back to school, and time to say bye bye to the Summer season. Are you heading to the beach this weekend? I’ve rounded up a few key essentials for you to bring with you while you enjoy the last days of Summer ’16! Check ’em out, below, and have fun at the beach!
1. Great Bag Model M Tote – makes a great beach tote because it’s brightly colored, lightweight and waterproof! (Shop other options: Versace shopper tote / Tory Burch Ella Packable Nylon Tote Bag, Sea Coral)
2. Ray-Ban ‘Large Original Aviator’ 62mm Sunglasses – a chic pair of sunglasses is a must. These aviators will protect your eyes from the harsh sun rays, sand and salt in the air.
3. NOOK eReader: because paper books are SO passé. Take all your favorite reads on the go, easily, with an eReader. (Shop other options: Amazon Kindle)
4. Raffia Fedora: a lightweight hat is essential. (Shop other options: Hitch Crochet Raffia Fedora w/ Latex Trim / Eres Ere – Anouk Grograin-trimmed Woven Paper Fedora – Brown)
5. Neon Monokini: A sexy swimsuit, of course! Need I say more? (Shop other options: Calvin Klein Intense Power Plunge Swimsuit / Shoshanna Sunflower Ruffled Halter One Piece Swimsuit)
6. Sunscreen Spray: essential for full body coverage. Because whether the sun is shining brightly or even when the sky is overcast, coverage from the sun’s harsh rays is a must!
7. CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM with SPF 30: don’t forget to keep your face protected from the sun, too! (Shop other options: CeraVe Sunscreen Body Lotion with SPF 50 – 3 oz)
8. OGX Moroccan Sea Salt Spray: after a dip in the ocean, spray a little of this on your hair and scrunch for the perfect, beachy hair.
9. Beach Towel: grab a fun, printed body towel that you can lounge on all day. (Shop other options: Jonathan Adler Mykonos Beach Towel)
10. Flip Flops: although there’s nothing like walking barefoot in the sand. (Shop other options: Havaianas Women’s Top Metallic Flip Flops / Havaianas You Metallic Flip Flops)
Shop more beach must-haves: