As the weather gets warmer (read: muggier), it gets even more difficult to tame my hair. My hair usually starts out looking all smooth and beautiful in the morning, but by the time I leave the house, it becomes a fluffy, frizzy, crazy mess! Who can relate? The easy fix is to just wear it up so I don’t have to deal with the frizz and flyaways. But there are days when you just want to let your hair down, without being a slave to the weather, and Frizz Ease products help me do it!
I’ve partnered with Frizz Ease to share a few of my “How to Get Down” hairstyles. In my last post, I showed you how to achieve my Curly Bob. In this post I share how to get my other go-to style: the Straight Wrap, which is my preferred style and the easiest to wear – even if the weather isn’t cooperating!
To get the look, you’ll need the following:
-Hair products: Frizz Ease shampoo and conditioner, Frizz Ease Straight Fixation Styling Creme and Curl Reviver Mousse
-Tools and supplies: Small towel, vent brush, bristle brush, tail comb, hooded hair dryer, head scarf or hair net, wide-toothed comb, flat iron
Then follow these steps:
1. Wash and condition hair with Frizz Ease shampoo and conditioner
2. Lightly towel dry hair to remove excess moisture
3. Use the vent brush to detangle, smooth and straighten hair
4. Apply a large dollop of Frizz Ease Curl Reviver Mousse to damp hair
5. Use the bristle brush and a tail comb to wrap hair around the head
6. Smooth with another layer of mousse
7. Place a scarf or net over your hair
8. Set hooded hair dryer on high and sit under for approximately 1-1.5 hours
9. When dry, comb hair down gently
10. Apply Frizz Ease Straight Fixation Styling Creme to hair and smooth in
11. Lightly bump ends of hair with the flat iron and wrap your hair in a scarf while getting ready
12. Comb down and voila – you’ve got your very own Straight Wrap!
Have you entered the ‘downfor30 challenge‘ yet? If so, make sure to tag your frizz-free, ‘down’ hairstyles on Instagram with the #downfor30 and #sweeps hashtags. If you haven’t entered yet, get in on the fun now! With each tagged post you earn another chance to win AN EPIC NYC ADVENTURE including the following:
• Round trip airfare for two (2) to NYC
• Four (4) nights at the W Hotel Times Square
• Breathtaking helicopter tour of Lady Liberty, whose newly-liberated locks are featured in our video: A Girl’s Got to Be Free
• Ground transportation via private sedan
• Dinner at Stella 34 Trattoria with views of the Empire State Building
• Brunch cruise for two (2) around Manhattan
• Garment District Diva Trek for two (2)
• Makeover at the John Frieda Salon
• $750 cash to fund all your fun
• A year of Frizz Ease® products so you can keep putting your fiercest hair forward
So let your hair down and share it with Frizz Ease. Good luck!
Check out this ‘John Frieda Frizz Ease – A Girl’s Got to Be Free’ video to learn more:
Frizz-Ease believes that when you pull your hair back, you also pull yourself back. So we’re challenging women everywhere to take on the world hair-first and wear their hair #downfor30 days straight with the help their favorite Frizz-Ease products. Join the movement at NeverPullBack.com.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by KAO via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of KAO.