The neon craze of the eighties returns in a not-so-tacky way. Back then, colorful brights were worn in excess – layers upon layers of fluorescent clothes were accessorized by totally tacky accessories – jelly sandals and jewelry, charm bracelets, vented sunglasses and biker shorts. Today’s neon is tastefully tried. Shop these haute pieces to add a fresh take on the trend revisited.
1. Super Square Purple Lens Sunglasses, €125, Luisa Via Roma
2. Tarina Tarantino Tokyo Hardcore Neon Bubble Bead Choker, $80, Zappos
3. Trina Turk Orange Neon Blue Twill Dress in Multi, $101, Revolve
4. CC SKYE Screw Enamel Bangle, $82.80, Zappos
5. Paul & Joe Sister Fish print batwing T-shirt, $80, Net-a-Porter
6. Alexander McQueen Neon panel clutch, $1,070, Net-a-Porter
7. Tory Burch Jelly Reva Flats, $95, Shopbop