There are a few times each year that I really take time to self-reflect: bringing in the New Year, and on my birthday. In celebrating my birthday this week, I took a moment to think about how much my life has changed for the better over the past year. 2017 was really tough but so necessary to be ready for all the blessings and opportunities that came my way and continue to come my way this year. One important thing I did was incorporate a ton of changes into my life and now I’m reaping the rewards of that. I wanted to share 43 birthday reflections and life lessons I’ve consistently implemented over the past year that really transformed my life! Hope these help you too!
1. Have faith in God and trust that He only wants the best for you.
2. Always have hope.
3. Remain kind.
4. Stay humble.
5. Believe in yourself.
6. Even in complete darkness, there is light. Look for the light.
7. When you can’t see the light, be the light.
8. Do something nice for someone else (every day if you can).
9. Compliment someone every day.
10. Literally count your blessings every day. (And write them down so you can refer back to them).
11. Think positive on purpose.
12. Love others without condition.
13. Know that God will heal. Maybe not when you want Him to, but trust that He will do it, and right on time too.
14. Know that the best things will happen to you completely unexpectedly.
15. Be happy on purpose.
16. Laugh often.
17. Use life’s stresses to your benefit – don’t allow them to stress you out even more.
18. Work on yourself.
19. Focus on yourself.
20. Take care of yourself – find self-care activities to participate in weekly.
21. Be patient – the best blessings take time.
22. Sow good into others and into the world, and it will come back to you exponentially.
23. Appreciate your family and friends – they are invaluable.
24. Stay away from negative people and negativity as much as you possibly can.
25. Have fun! (Responsible fun, that is).
26. Forgive those who hurt you.
27. Forgive yourself.
28. Let things go.
29. Eat well.
30. Truly enjoy the life that you’re living.
31. If you don’t like something, work on changing it.
32. Be patient with people, but have limits.
33. Be patient with your life’s circumstances – nothing bad lasts forever.
34. Enjoy your life just as it is right now.
35. Manage your time.
36. Speak your mind (respectfully, of course).
37. Exercise self-control
38. Don’t put things off. You never know what opportunities may come tomorrow.
39. Treat yourself – but set limits.
40. Mind your business.
41. Know that it’s ok to say no.
42. Explore new places and embrace new experiences.
43. You can only change one person in this world: yourself.
Photos: The Eclectic Image Photography