Happy Monday, hauties! Did you watch the Oscars last night? Unfortunately I missed most of it but the best parts for me always are the Oscars red carpet looks and presenter fashions, and the awards at the end of the night. Jordan Peele snagged the award for Best Original Screenplay for Get Out (so well-deserved), and Frances McDormand and Gary Oldman won for Best Actress and Actor, respectively. The Shape of Water was the most nominated film of the night took home the top Best Picture prize. Who were your Oscar faves of the night?
Here’s some additional fashion news and highlights you may have missed in today’s haute five:
1. The cast of Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman, Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira, Daniel Kaluuya and Winston Duke) showed up and slayed the 2018 Oscars red carpet and stage, wearing Wakanda’s finest!
2. Soon, you can buy Hunter boots for half-price at Target! Yes, you read that right! Everyone’s favorite store teamed up with the iconic British brand, best known for its colorful wellies, on a design collaboration launching April 14! Hunter for Target will feature over 300 items, making it one of the largest fashion collabs Target has ever done. The best part is you’ll be able snag Hunter’s well-loved wellies for only $50!
3. Rachel Roy’s new “Love” mini capsule collection comes in partnership with the United Nations. As the Champion for Innovation for UN Women, the designer created an array of women’s apparel, exclusive to rachelroy.com, including love-emblazoned shirts, jackets, and faux fur scarves. The collection goes on sale on March 8, International Women’s Day. Fifty percent of proceeds will aid Time’s Up and EveryTown.
4. Nike is recognizing the achievements of all women by highlighting Serena Williams as the star of its latest commercial. In celebration of International Women’s Day, the film, titled “Until We All Win,” features the tennis G.O.A.T. talking about how “there’s no wrong way to be a woman.” (And in case you missed it, her husband delivered the sweetest gesture ever to welcome her back to tennis!)
5. How fab was EGOT-holder and legend, Rita Moreno, re-wearing the same dress last night that she first wore to the 1962 Oscars when she took home the award for West Side Story?!
What’s haute on your fashion radar right now?