Valentine’s Day is upon us and so are last-minute orders of roses, trips to Godiva and wrangling reservations at a romantic restaurant. I won’t lie – I like all that stuff, but Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be about all the traditional things. I enjoy a thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift, or, even better, an enjoyable, laid-back experience. And as much as I love getting all decked out, a chill date means a casual Valentine’s Day outfit that I can relax and have fun in, like this outfit from Tobi.
This wrap sweater dress comes in mauve, wine and black, and is comfortable yet glam enough to wear for a date night – or Valentine’s Day date. The dress is has an open front that you can adjust per your personal style. I rocked it with a layered gold necklace to grace my neckline. If you prefer to show more décolleté (and why not, it’s the holiday of love, after all!), a silicone bra underneath is the best option.
To keep my look more on the casual side (in line with a casual Valentine’s Day date), I paired it with an extra-long, distressed denim jacket. It’s a fun alternative to the standard, and it feels like you’re wearing your man’s coat. So sweet!
Get the look:
Jackie Denim Longline Jacket
(All courtesy of Tobi.com)
And if you’re thinking of having a casual Valentine’s Day, here are a few ways you can celebrate:
1. Go to an improv or comedy show – and if you’re feeling adventurous, sit in the front row!
2. Rent a place for a night or two and relax and unwind together
3. Take a cooking class together
4. Go to an escape room
5. Take the day off and visit a museum
6. Wait for the weekend and take a road trip somewhere completely random
7. Take a tour around your city on one of those touristy buses
8. Go to a jazz club for the evening
9. Take a stroll through the zoo
10. Tour a local winery or brewery (and get lit!)
11. Get a couples massage
12. Netflix and chill 😉
How do you plan to spend your Valentine’s Day (or galentine’s day)?
Photos: Ksenia Pro Photo
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Tobi. The opinions expressed are my own.
Leave a Reply