We’re currently experiencing a heatwave – hello, 57°! Just kidding, but compared to the icy, frigid temps we’ve been dealing with lately, anything over 50° feels like summertime in the winter! And speaking of weather, I’ve realized that is the one topic of conversation everyone can agree on. Don’t believe me? Just get into an elevator with a bunch of random people on a day with particularly extreme weather and see how quickly everyone joins in on the conversation. “It’s soooo hot!” “It’s too cold!” And so on, and so on….
When the first snowstorm of the winter hit, my hubby and I thought it would be a great time to head outside and take some cool pictures. BAD IDEA. The weather was terrible – windy, blustery, snowy and it was hard to stand, even though we were both bundled up. We found a building to stand under while we snapped a few photos but it was so windy and freezing cold, it didn’t help much!
Here’s what I was wearing:
Design House Stockholm Pleece Beanie | Lanvin for H&M men’s sunglasses | H&M coat with faux leather sleeves | Zara faux fur scarf | Sequin Jewelry silver link necklace | Mossimo Silver Foil Fancy Sweatshirt | Tory Burch Adele Stretch Leather Cargo Pants | Onna Ehrlich silver python clutch | Alexandra Bartlett Leather Gloves (c/o TJ Maxx) | Born Halen Boots | Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Fiery
I have to say that even though the weather beat me down, my lipstick stayed intact! This Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick (I’m wearing ‘Fiery’) goes on like a lip gloss and dries to a matte finish and it does not budge!
Get the look:
1. Elie Tahari ‘Maddie’ Leather Sleeve Coat with Genuine Fox Fur (similar options here, here and here)
2. Kate Spade In a stitch embellished shawl
3. J Brand Leather Houlihan Cargo Pants (also available at Neiman Marcus, Ron Herman and Shopbop)
4. Mossimo® Women’s Long Sleeve Fancy Sweatshirt – Silver Foil
5. Harlett Notorious Veil Beanie
6. Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Fiery
7. Born Halen Boots
8. Coach Madison Frame Clutch In Glitter Python
Not pictured: Echo ‘Touch’ Ruffled Leather Gloves