Haute Girl: Adrienne
Location: Philadelphia area
Style summary: She always likes to add an edge with accessories like outrageous shoes that make people stop and do a double-take!
What she’s wearing: Soprano dress; Jessica Simpson ‘Bendie’ sandals
Liz Lange revolutionized maternity style when she launched her line of fashionable maternity clothes for pregnant women. Retailers laughed at her, thinking pregnant women could care less about being stylish. Well, she proved them wrong and 14 years later, mommies-to-be are still showing the world how haute they are! This weekend I attended the baby shower of one of my most stylish friends, Adrienne, who proves that style doesn’t need to come to a stop just because you’re carrying a baby. She wore a one-shoulder colorblock dress paired with 5″ suede colorblock stiletto platforms, paired with beautifully-applied purple eye makeup and nail polish. We think she’s one haute mama!
Shop Adrienne’s haute maternity look:
1. Soprano Plus Size Dress, One Shoulder Ruched Empire, $36.40, Macys.com
2. OPI Black Cherry Chutney Nail Polish, $4.45, Amazon.com
3. Bare Escentuals bareMinerals READY™ Eyeshadow 4.0 The Dream Sequence (airy pink/ iridescent lilac/ electric amethyst/ violet sheen), $30, Sephora
4. Purple Multi Color Peruvian Thread Silver Tone Metal Earrings, $17.99, Buy.com
5. Jessica Simpson Shoes, Bendie Platform Sandals Women’s Shoes in Cranberry/Violet, $71.20, Macys.com