Balmain announced Tuesday that Olivier Rousteing has been appointed designer of its women’s and men’s ready-to-wear collections. He will replace Christophe Decarnin who recently exited the French fashion house. Yes, Rousteing has model good looks, but there are five other things you should know about him:
1. He is a graduate of the Paris fashion and art school ESMOD (l’Ecole Supérieure des Arts et techniques de la Mode)
2. He’s from France and speaks multiple languages
3. He has been in charge of the women’s wear design studio at Balmain since 2009
4. He worked in design at Roberto Cavalli for five years
5. He joins the ranks of previous Balmain RTW designers: Gilles Dufour, Andrew Gn, Laurent Mercier and Christophe Lebourg
Best of luck to Olivier! We can’t wait to see the new Balmain under his direction.